Kids Run for Fun
- You may mail your registration form, register early at Often Running
(see form for details) or register the first night you attend.
- If you pay for the entire year ($10), it will speed up your registration
and your child will receive the Kids Run for Fun T-shirt their first
- If you pay weekly, please try to bring exact change ($1.00 per child
- Each week, check-in begins at 5:30 and will remain open until 6:15
to accommodate older runners (8 and over).
- An adult parent or guardian must initial for your child each night
they attend; please DO NOT drop children off and leave them unattended
at this event.
How it works
- Each week, you will sign-in and your child will receive a race number.
We encourage you to walk or jog around the track with your children
for a warm-up prior to the run.
- The run will begin promptly at 6:00.
- Children ages 2 and under will run first, finishing their half lap
in front of the grandstand.
- The other age groups will run a complete lap, starting and finishing
in front of the grandstand.
- Age groups with very many children will run in several "heats"
to avoid congestion and accidents.
- Please listen for instructions from the announcer; he or she will
let you know when it is time for your child's age group to line up on
Run etiquette and safety:
- Once the run begins, please stay off the track and wait for the next age group to be called.
- Remind your child about using good manners while waiting to run and while running; please do not cross the track when others are running.
- Encourage your children to cheer for the other runners! Good sportsmanship is part of the fun.
- Please stay off the bleachers and stay behind the fences unless it's your turn to run.
- First aid kits are located near the starting line and near the registration tables. See the announcer or any volunteer for assistance.
- The Kids Run for Fun program will be held in most types of weather except extreme rain or thunderstorms.
- Due to our quickly changing weather, cancellations are not made until 5 pm.
- Cancellation information can be located on any Radio Bloomington website or radio station (WJBC, WBNQ, WBWN, WTRX, and WJEZ) AFTER 5 pm.
- We recommend that you have your child cool down after the run by walking around in the grass for a couple of minutes -- then have him/her enjoy a cool drink and a snack.
- We encourage you to stick around and cheer for the older kids!
- You and your children will have an opportunity to run an additional lap (just for the fun of it) at the end of the night.
- We couldn't do this without our sponsors -- please thank them every chance you get.
- Above all . . . Have fun!
Trophy Night Policy:
- The child must be present on trophy night to receive a trophy. There
exceptions to the policy.